FIX: Log shipping failed due to broken/ damaged tansaction log backup.
This issue occurred also when there is lack of free space on drive where backups are placed???(no logical explanation).
For some reason transaction log backup was saved with errors (damaged) and then transfered to the destination server.
Result is – log shipping has failed.
I’ve prepared a 6 step guide how to repair log shipping:
- Create Full Backup of source database (mine was placed ‘\\sharedstorage\XYZ\XYZ_backup.bak’)
- Disable Restore and copy jobs on destination server.
- Restore database with:
with replace, norecovery;
- If destination database should be in standby mode go to step 5; else go to step 6
- Restore next transaction log backup and set database to standby (transaction log backups are working on source):
with standby= ‘F:\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL.1\MSSQL\Backup\UNDO_standby_file.BAK’
- Enable Restore and copy jobs on destination server.